Translate

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

If you haven't explored our streaming databases yet, you're missing out!
Recently, "I Am Not Your Negro," by James Baldwin, was added to Kanopy's Streaming collection.

I created a playlist of clips that resonated most for me, as I watched it for the first time yesterday.

I encourage you watch the full documentary when you have time.

In related news, I've recently learned that "A Rap On Race" has been made available online. This is a recorded conversation between Margaret Mead and James Baldwin in 1970. Until recently, this conversation has been available only through an LP set, which has proven difficult to find for our Library collection. I'm happy it is now available online, and I look forward to listening to it at last (though not everybody liked it).

Audio here:





Image Source: http://www.anstendig.com/Portrait%20Series/Baldwin/baldwin_index.html



Image Source: http://www.highplainschautauqua.org/margaret-mead.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment